- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into thick strips
- 1 zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 1 eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Prepare the Wood-Fired Grill:
- Start by igniting the wood in your MBRR grill and allowing it to burn until you have a bed of hot embers and the flames have died down. This should take fifteen minutes or less.
- Marinate the Vegetables:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. Whisk the ingredients together to create a marinade.
- Add all the sliced vegetables and cherry tomatoes to the bowl with the marinade. Toss the vegetables until they are evenly coated with the marinade. Let them marinate for at least 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to infuse.
- Grill the Vegetables:
- Once the vegetables are marinated, place them directly on the grill grates.
- Grill the vegetables for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they develop grill marks and are tender. Be attentive while grilling, as the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the vegetables.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Once the vegetables are beautifully grilled, transfer them to a serving platter. Drizzle any remaining marinade over the top.
- Garnish the grilled vegetables with fresh basil leaves for a burst of added flavor and color.
- Serve the wood-fired grilled balsamic vegetables as a delicious and healthy side dish or as a part of a vegetarian meal. They pair wonderfully with grilled meats or as a topping for crusty bread.
Enjoy the wonderful smoky flavors and tantalizing aromas of wood-fired grilled vegetables. This dish is not only visually appealing but also a true celebration of seasonal produce and the magic of outdoor cooking. Perfect for gatherings, barbecues, or a simple family dinner, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your culinary repertoire. Happy grilling!